Pennsylvania, like many other jurisdictions, has standardized guidelines pursuant to statute to determine the amount of spousal and child support that should be awarded by the court in a particular case. 

Once a support order is entered, a party may petition the court to modify or terminate the support order when there are material and substantial changes in circumstances to include changes in employment and/or emancipation of a child.  Voluntarily quitting a job, being fired for cause, or accepting a lower paying position will not have an effect on a support order. 

Depending on your situation, you may be entitled to receive support for both you and your children.  

116 S. Broad Street

• Suite A •

Kennett Square, PA 19348

21 W. Washington Street

• Suite C •

West Chester, PA 19380

Call Us Today (484)653-0774

© 2021 by Sheridan Lawyers 

DISCLAIMER & TERMS OF USE. This website provides general information about the law office of Sheridan Lawyers P.C. The information within this site is not, nor is it intended to be

legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own particular situation. Neither our presentation of the information on the site nor your receipt

of the information creates a lawyer-client relationship or imposes any obligation on the law office of Sheridan Lawyers P.C.